Last updated: 18th August, 2015.
Who is responsible for personal information collected on the Site?
The My Healthy Experience Webmaster is the Site owner and operator, and is responsible for the Site’s processing of your personal data and may be contacted using the Site’s Contact Form.
What is personal information?
Personal information means individually identifiable information about an individual consumer and includes:
- A first and last name.
- A home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town.
- An e-mail address.
- A telephone number.
- A social security number.
- Any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual.
- Information concerning a user that the Web site or online service collects online from the user and maintains in personally identifiable form in combination with an identifier listed above.
Protection of minors
This Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 years and we do not intentionally collect, store or in any way use personal information from children younger than 13 years. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, please contact us using our Contact Form. In cases where you have authorized a minor (someone under 18 years of age) to use the Site or Services, you acknowledge and agree that you are fully responsible for:
- the online conduct of such minor
- controlling the minor’s access to and use of the Site or Services; and
- the consequences of any misuse by the minor.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information you voluntarily provide to us. We collect the following personal information:
- Our Contact Form is configured to collect your name and email address.
- If you subscribe to receive our free ebook we collect your name and email address.
- We may also collect your personal information if you provide it to us in messages to us through our contact form or by email.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal identification information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to when you subscribe for our free ebook, send us an email or fill out or web contact form.
If you choose not to provide personal information
You always have the choice to not provide us with your personal information. However, it may not be possible to for us to send you our ebook or reply to a message from you if we do not have your email address.
How we use personal information
We may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with our free ebook
- To improve customer service: For example, where your contact information helps us to respond to your customer service requests and support your needs more efficiently
- To improve the Site: For example, we may use feedback you provide to improve the functionality and performance of the Site
- To send emails with general information about Site related special offers and promotions, or other Site news and updates.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties, expect to the extent necessary to assist you in relation to a purpose listed above. We will never sell or rent your personal information.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about visitors whenever they interact with the Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser’s name, the type of computer and technical information about the means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
This website may make use of Google Analytics. Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool that helps website and app owners to understand how their visitors engage with their properties. Google Analytics may receive and record non-personal information from cookies, server logs, and similar technology from your browser or mobile device, including your IP address. This is controlled by Google as a third party and is not under our direct control. Learn more about Analytics cookies and privacy information.
The Site uses appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
Retention of personal information
Your personal information will be retained for as long as it is needed to provide requested services and to meet the requirements of business record retention requirements.
Sharing your personal information
Personal information you disclose when using the Site
Cross-border disclosure of your information
The Site is operated in the United States (US). If you are located outside of the US, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the US. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
Your acceptance of these terms
Accessing, updating or correcting your personal information
You may request access, updates and corrections to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us through the Site’s Contact Form. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Users who do not want emails from us
If you do not wish to receive email from us you should not provide your email address to us. Please note that we may need to terminate your access to some or all content or services to you if we cannot communicate with you by email.
Release of Personal Information for legal reasons
We may release your personal information for legal reasons:
- When we believe in good faith that such release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant or court order).
- To protect against fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of the website.
- To protect our rights or property.
- If we reasonably believe that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure.
Feedback to us
We have feedback functionality on the Site that allows you to submit comments, suggestions, or bugs found. We may collect your name and email address in order to follow up with you or thank you for a suggestion.
Change of Site ownership